The standard MUCON range of stainless steel hygienic Butterfly valves offers an outstanding technological solution to the handling and control of powders, granules and liquids. The MUCON range is manufactured to exacting tolerances and finished to the highest, most stringent hygienic requirements.
MUCON stainless steel hygienic Butterfly valves have been specifically designed for use in the Pharmaceutical, Food and Dairy sectors, where the utmost level of hygiene is paramount.
Its crevice-free, smooth bore and compact design allows the end user to quickly and effortlessly strip-down the complete Butterfly valve for total cleaning.
Valve Body – 316L stainless steel Gasket Seals – Silicone, EPDM, FKM (Viton®), PTFE, MFKM and other FDA approved elastomers
Other components are produced in AISI 304
Internal High Polish Finish – RA <0.4µm or to specific customer requirements
External Polish Finish - RA <1.2µm or to specific customer requirements
- The MUCON Oyster Compact butterfly valve should be used when quick disconnect, quick cleaning is a requirement.
- Ideal for any high hygiene applications including pharmaceutical, food, dairy or fine chemical.
- Suitable for in-line isolation or open discharge of most powders and liquids.
- MUCON not only provides a wide range of standard sizes, but is equally willing to work with customers to design and build bespoke products. It is possible to choose materials, dimensions and sealing arrangements to specifically meet our customers exacting requirements.
- Available in sizes DN150 (6"), DN200 (8"), DN250 (10") and DN300 (12") - DN100 (4") is currently under development
- Can be fitted with manual hand lever or pneumatic actuator options (also available with position indication switches)
- A variety of seal materials is available to suit your application
- When combined with the standard tri-clover valve mounting clamps, the patented Oyster clamshell body clamp makes the Oyster compact series the ideal choice when ease of disassembly is a key requirement.
- ATEX certification to II 2GD c IIB T4/T135°C (Ask for other zones)
- Suitable for CIP and SIP
- Wide variety of connections available including; TC BS 4825-3, TC ASME BPE, TC DIN32676, TC ISO285, TC OSAME A, Weld End, Mounting Collar Compact Series
For more information do not hesitate to contact our Trade Department.