Now in its second generation, the series K2P Powered Iris Valves have been specifically designed for automatic and remote applications, complimenting the popular manual versions.
The K2P has been developed for applications requiring a high level of hygiene and superb material flow control. This new Mucon
Series K product range utilises patented design features and moulded diaphragm technology already employed throughout the K-Valve range.
Mucon design engineers have taken great care to balance the requirements of quick disconnect, quick cleaning and hygienic design with the need for reliability and control system integration. This unique combination has resulted in a quantum leap in Iris valve technology.
- All body parts are manufactured from 316 stainless steel as standard.
- Aluminium internal Control Ring with stainless steel bearing and clamp rings
- White ABS Sensor Cover
- White moulded diaphragms of Natural Rubber, EPDM and Silicone are all manufactured from FDA approved materials.
- Body seal in FDA approved silicone rubber
- All fixings and fastenings are produced from 316L stainless steel
- Any application where a high degree of cleanliness is required and where a regular strip down for cleaning is required. E.g. Food & Pharmaceutical Industries
- For controlling the flow of Pharmaceutical tablets and capsules. The soft diaphragm and gentle action of the valve prevents damage to the product thereby significantly reducing waste product
- Power Operated Valves for Automated systems where controlled discharge of product into a process is required
- The Power Operated Valve with pulse generation assembly is ideally suited for applications where product weighing or batching is required
- The Power Operated K Valve is certified for ATEX 1D/2D Categories
- Bolt mounting and Quick Release versions
- Weldable mounting flanges with quick release clamps
- Geared electric motor or geared air motor operation
- Electro-polished Vee clamps allow the K2P valve to be held to the mating flanges
- Blanking plate is available so that the valve can be fitted to the outlet of double cone blenders or similar
- Open, Closed and Trickle-feed switches
- Open and Closed switches with 'Pulse' generation assembly for multi-position control (Clients must have a suitable PLC in their control panel to count pulses)
- Pneumatic or electric actuation
- Only the FDA approved diaphragm comes into contact with the product
- Iris valves cannot jam - unlike other types of valve
- Very easy to control the flow of material
- Strong and yet gentle enough so as not to damage capsules and tablets
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Moulded diaphragm extends fully from inlet to outlet, thereby doubling as the valve's gasket
- Quick release or bolt mounting options to suit requirements
- Able to handle material densities up to 1600 Kg / m³
- The use of plastic moving parts ensures ease of operation and reduced maintenance
- Bore sizes - 150mm and 200mm
- Open, Closed and an Adjustable intermediate position switch is fitted as standard
- Certified for ATEX 1D/2D categories