The Series E Iris Diaphragm Valve range is by far the strongest MUCON powered actuated Iris valve. It has an extremely robust construction with reliable drive elements making this product the Iris Valve of choice for the most arduous of powder handling duties.
The drive for the Iris Valve is provided by an electrically powered geared motor unit. Switches indicating open, closed and an adjustable intermediate position are fitted as standard.
- Body parts are manufactured from aluminium, with a Gunmetal Control Clamp Ring
- 316L stainless steel fasteners are fitted as standard on the Iris valve
- Optional materials of construction - Stainless steel contact parts - Top and Bottom Clamp Rings only
- Used on the outlets of Silos handling heavy bulk solids. E.g. Sand, Cement, Lime Powder etc.
- Linked to weigh scale set points for 'bagging off'
- For controlling (not shut off) air flow ventilation ducting
- Big Bag discharge where automatic actuation is required
- Used for in In-Line applications with no leakage to atmosphere
- 316 stainless steel contact parts on the Iris Valve can be supplied
- Fully open, closed and intermediate electric limit switches
- Inverted motor - For use where space below the valve is restricted
- Special motor and switching arrangement where the valve is required for ATEX Zone 22D
- Iris Valve is available to suit all supply voltages
- Special packages to suit hazardous locations
- A variety of surface coatings to suit corrosive environments
- Able to handle and control the flow of very dense materials
- Non jamming
- No leakage to atmosphere
- Full bore opening - No product flow restriction
- Suitable for frequent operation
- Quick closing - Ideal for weighing applications
- Double diaphragm Iris Valve is ideal for in-line applications with no leakage to atmosphere
- Robust construction makes the Series E Iris Valves suitable for handling products in excess of 1600 Kg / m³
- In-situ diaphragm adjustment
- Internal bearings and high quality materials enable frequent operation
- Wide diaphragm selection to suit many specific applications
- Bore sizes from 150mm to 450mm