The Series E Iris Diaphragm Valves are the strongest and most resilient of the Mucon powered Iris valve range. It has an extremely robust construction and reliable drive elements making it suitable for the most arduous duties. The drive is provided by a powerful pneumatic piston and pulley system.
- Body parts are manufactured from aluminium, with a Gunmetal Control Clamp Ring
- 316L stainless steel fasteners are fitted as standard on the Iris valve
- Optional materials of construction - Stainless steel contact parts - Top and Bottom Clamp Rings only.
- Used on the outlets of Silos handling heavy bulk solids. E.g. Sand, Cement, Lime Powder etc.
- Linked to weigh scale set points for 'bagging off'
- For controlling (not shut off) air flow ventilation ducting
- Big Bag discharge where automatic actuation is required
- Used for in In-Line applications with no leakage to atmosphere
- 316 stainless steel contact parts on the Iris Valve can be supplied
- Pre-piped and directly mounted pneumatic control on the Iris Valves
- Open and Closed control solenoid valve (Customer to specify voltage required)
- Full trickle-feed facility, including trickle-feed switch and solenoid valves to give Open, Closed and adjustable trickle-feed position
- Special cylinder and proximity sensors where the valve is required for ATEX zone 22D
- Automatic closure system can be offered in case of air or electrical failure
- Special packages are available to suit hazardous locations
- A variety of surface coatings to suit corrosive environments
- Able to handle and control the flow of very dense materials
- Non jamming
- No leakage to atmosphere
- Full bore opening - No product flow restriction
- Suitable for frequent operation
- Quick closing - Ideal for weighing applications
- Double diaphragm Iris Valve is ideal for in-line applications with no leakage to atmosphere
- Robust construction makes the Series E Iris Valves suitable for handling products in excess of 1600 Kg / m³
- In-situ diaphragm adjustment
- Internal bearings and high quality materials enable frequent operation
- Wide diaphragm selection to suit many specific applications
- Bore sizes from 150mm to 450mm