Multi-lobe valve designed to enable the controlled discharge of bulk powders, for example from a hopper into a machine.
The standard MUCON range of stainless steel hygienic Butterfly valves offers an outstanding technological solution to the handling and control of powders, granules and liquids. The MUCON range is manufactured to exacting tolerances and finished to the highest, most stringent hygienic requirements.
MUCON stainless steel hygienic Butterfly valves have been specifically designed for use in the Pharmaceutical, Food and Dairy sectors, where the utmost level of hygiene is paramount.
The six lobed leaf rotor reciprocates back and forth in order to control the rate at which material will flow through the valve in a similar manner to a traditional rotary valve.
Its crevice-free, smooth bore and compact design allows the end user to quickly and effortlessly strip-down the complete Butterfly valve for total cleaning.
- Valve Body – 316L stainless steel Gasket Seals – Silicone, EPDM, FKM (Viton®), PTFE, MFKM and other FDA approved elastomers
- Other components are produced in AISI 304
- Internal High Polish Finish – RA <0.4µm or to specific customer requirements
- External Polish Finish - RA <1.2µm or to specific customer requirements
- The MUCON Oyster Compact butterfly valve should be used when quick disconnect, quick cleaning is a requirement.
- Ideal for any high hygiene applications including pharmaceutical, food, dairy or fine chemical.
- Suitable for flow control of most powders, granules and pellets.
- MUCON not only provides a wide range of standard sizes, but is equally willing to work with customers to design and build bespoke products. It is possible to choose materials, dimensions and sealing arrangements to specifically meet our customers exacting requirements.
- Available in sizes DN150 (6"), DN200 (8"), DN250 (10") and DN300 (12") - DN100 (4") is currently under development
- The valves is powered by a Spring Return or air/air Pneumatic Actuator
- A variety of seal materials is available to suit your application
- All MUCON Oyster hygienic valves are designed according to cGMP standards, for trouble free operation and easy maintenance.
- The valve design ensures optimal hygienic and functional characteristics and eliminates recesses with hard-to-clean corners.
- ATEX certification to II 2GD c IIB T4/T135°C (Ask for other zones)
- Suitable for CIP and SIP
- Wide variety of connections available including; TC BS 4825-3, TC ASME BPE, TC DIN32676, TC ISO285, TC OSAME A, Weld End, Mounting Collar, Compact Series