Robust and cost effective valve for tablet. The monobloc construction and light weight make the valve extremely user friendly.
The MUCON Oyster Monobloc valve is robust and one of the most cost effective Monobloc valve in the market.The Monobloc valve comprises of a flexible elastomeric disc which is co-moulded onto the shaft. This design helps ensure that the risk of damage to tablets being shut off is unlikely to be damaged when the valve is closed.
- Construction of the Monobloc valve consists of a one-piece valve body.
- The Shaft / Disc co-moulded assembly is held by a substantial PTFE bush.
- The whole Monobloc valve is held by one machine screw.
Materials of Construction
- Valve Body – 316L Stainless Steel
- Co-Moulded Disc and Shaft – FDA approved Silicone and 316L Stainless Steel
- Guide Bush – PTFE
- Handle – 304 Stainless Steel
- Machine Screw - 304 Stainless Steel
- The MUCON Oyster Monobloc valve is used to shut-off the flow of tablets in pharmaceutical processing plants.
- Full mirror polished contact surfaces for use in Clean Room installations
- A variety of surface finishes is available upon request such as; ceramic sandblasting and electro-polished.
- Available in sizes DN150 (6") and DN200 (8") as standard. Other sizes can be produced upon request.
- As the valve has a flexible disc, no gasket is required
- As the valve is produced by such few components it is extremely easy to dismantle and reassemble after cleaning.
- Maintenance costs are reduced
- Down time is reduced and productivity is increased.
- The valve can be mounted via a standard clamp, Tri-Clamp or via a customer specific flange arrangement.
- Light weight and easy to handle
- All contact parts are made from 316L stainless steel
- Mirror polished contact surface Ramax <0.4µm
- Disc material is produced from FDA approved silicone or EPDM
- Standard size is DN150. Other sizes can be produced upon request.
- Valve is able to function in temperatures of -20°C to +55°C
- Scotchbrite non-contact surface finish. Other finishes available upon request
- Wide variety of mounting methods
- Total weight 2.6Kg (Standard DN150 version)
For more information do not hesitate to contact our Trade Department.