The preferred solution for mounting between flanges and when frequent strip-down for cleaning is not required.
The MUCON range of stainless steel hygienic Butterfly valves offers an outstanding technological solution to the handling and control of powders, granules and liquids. The MUCON range is manufactured to exacting tolerances and finished to the highest, most stringent hygienic requirements.
MUCON stainless steel hygienic Butterfly valves have been specifically designed for use in the Pharmaceutical, Food and Dairy sectors, where the utmost level of hygiene is paramount.
Its crevice-free, smooth bore design allows the end user to maintain high levels of hygiene reducing the risks of product contamination or microbiological growth.
In this version the valve body is assembled using stainless steel fasteners that ensure a rigid and robust construction. Fasteners are kept to a minimum to ease disassembly for cleaning, but for applications requiring regular cleaning we recommend the Mucon Oyster Compact series fitted with the patented clamshell body clamp.
- Valve Body – 316L stainless steel Gasket Seals – Silicone, EPDM, FKM (Viton®), PTFE, MFKM and other FDA approved elastomers
- Other components are produced in AISI 304
- Internal High Polish Finish – RA <0.4µm or to specific customer requirements
- External Polish Finish - RA <1.2µm or to specific customer requirements
- The MUCON Oyster butterfly valve should be used when quick disconnect from process is required
- Ideal for any high hygiene applications including pharmaceutical, food, dairy or fine chemical.
- Suitable for in-line isolation or open discharge of most powders and liquids.
- MUCON not only provides a wide range of standard sizes, but is equally willing to work with customers to design and build bespoke products. It is possible to choose materials, dimensions and sealing arrangements to specifically meet our customers exacting requirements.
- Available in sizes DN100 (4"), DN150 (6"), DN200 (8"), DN250 (10") and DN300 (12")
- Can be fitted with manual hand lever or pneumatic actuator options (also available with position indication switches)
- A variety of seal materials is available to suit your application
- All Mucon Oyster hygienic valves are designed according to cGMP standards, for trouble free operation and easy maintenance.
- The valve design ensures optimal hygienic and functional characteristics and eliminates recesses with hard-to-clean corners.
- ATEX certification to II 2GD c IIB T4/T135°C (Ask for other zones)
- Suitable for CIP and SIP
- Wide variety of connections available including; TC BS 4825-3, TC ASME BPE, TC DIN32676, TC ISO2852, TC OSAME A, Weld End, Connecting Flange, Wafer
For more information do not hesitate to contact our Trade Department.