The flexible leaf is co-molded in FDA compatible silicone and gives the flexibility necessary to ensure no damage to tablets or capsule being processed.
The MUCON Oyster Tablet Valve is part of our range of stainless steel hygienic Butterfly valves which offer an outstanding technological solution to the handling and control of tablets, capsules, powders, granules and liquids. The MUCON range is manufactured to exacting tolerances and finished to the highest, most stringent hygienic requirements.
MUCON stainless steel hygienic Butterfly valves have been specifically designed for use in the Pharmaceutical, Food and Dairy sectors, where the utmost level of hygiene is paramount.
Its crevice-free, smooth bore and compact design allows the end user to quickly and effortlessly strip-down the complete Butterfly valve for total cleaning.
In this version the valve body is assembled using stainless steel fasteners that ensure a rigid and robust construction. Fasteners are kept to a minimum to ease disassembly for cleaning, but for applications requiring regular cleaning we recommend the MUCON Oyster Compact Tablet - Clamp series fitted with the patented clamshell body clamp.
- Valve Body – 316L stainless steel Gasket Seals – Silicone, EPDM, FKM (Viton®), PTFE, MFKM and other FDA approved elastomers
- Leaf is co-molded FDA silicone rubber on a stainless steel chassis
- Other components are produced in AISI 304
- Internal High Polish Finish – RA <0.4µm or to specific customer requirements
- External Polish Finish - RA <1.2µm or to specific customer requirements
- The MUCON Oyster butterfly valve should be used when quick disconnect from process is required.
- Ideal for any high hygiene applications requiring gentle operation and isolation characteristics or when the material to be handles is friable or prone to damage.
- Suitable for fitting to tablet coating and packing equipment as well transportation IBCs
- Suitable for in-line isolation or open discharge of tablets or capsules
- MUCON not only provides a wide range of standard sizes, but is equally willing to work with customers to design and build bespoke products. It is possible to choose materials, dimensions and sealing arrangements to specifically meet our customers exacting requirements.
- Available in sizes DN100 (4"), DN150 (6"), DN200 (8"), DN250 (10") and DN300 (12")
- Can be fitted with manual hand lever or pneumatic actuator options (also available with position indication switches)
- A variety of seal materials is available to suit your application
- When combined with the standard tri-clover valve mounting clamps, the patented Oyster clamshell body clamp makes the Oyster compact series the ideal choice when ease of disassembly is a key requirement.
- Flexible blade and smooth bore ensures the process material is protected during passage through the valve and during it's closing cycle.
- Suitable for CIP and SIP
- Wide variety of connections available including; TC BS 4825-3, TC ASME BPE, TC DIN32676, TC ISO2852, TC OSAME A, Weld End, Connecting Flange, Wafer
For more information do not hesitate to contact our Trade Department.